Tuesday, January 8, 2008

OMGWTFBBQ

First post - welcome to the world of a java gremlin.

I'm Brandon, it's 2 in the morning, and I need more coffee.

This, by the way, is a blog that my media and journalism class finally got me to start writing after several months of hemming and hawing around the idea.

Blogs, in my not-so-humble opinion, are to print journalism what the Mpeg-3 format and widespread peer-to-peer technology are to the record industry: death incarnate. Much like the record industry, though, print journalism just hasn't realized it yet. My prediction? Within the next few centuries, paper and ink as methods of communication will not only be wholly obsolete, but quite possibly illegal as well (trees as a finite resource, anyone?).

So yeah. There's my starting position. It's almost two in the morning, though, and I don't have nearly enough caffeine in me to make a thoughtful post of this.

More later. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after. We'll see.

No comments: